Become a Roots of Empathy Instructor
Want to be a Roots of Empathy Instructor?
Would you like to help foster social and emotional competence in children in your community?
Roots of Empathy Instructors
- Are members of the community with diverse professional and personal backgrounds, including, but not limited to: non-teaching school staff and retired teachers, health care, early childhood education, social work, guidance counseling, speech therapy and recreation, and policing
- Receive certification through the Roots of Empathy training program
- Deliver all aspects of the Roots of Empathy curriculum
- Work closely with volunteer families, schools, and teachers outside and inside the classroom
- Visit their classroom 27 times throughout the school year
- Roots of Empathy provides a comprehensive, four day training with a certified trainer
- You receive a curriculum, classroom kit, story books, and all other materials you will need to deliver the program
- You receive on-going guidance on best practices by Roots of Empathy Mentors, as well as professional development opportunities, ensuring you are qualified, confident and supported
- Learn more – Roots of Empathy Instructor Role, Responsibilities and Commitment